Welcome to our website !

BOOTEA - My January Teatox

By 04:32 , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

I started the New Year, much like everyone else, on a bit of a health kick. Not because i'd made a new years resolution to stay fit and healthy and attend the gym constantly and never eat chocolate again, but because I was spending almost every night feeling sick, I was constantly tired, even after sleeping all night and morning, and I had no motivation to do anything. I was also addicted to sugar, and caffeine and it was not good for my body, so I had to do something about it.

I've always been a follower of Skinny me tea, however the shipping was just too long, being from Australia, so I tested out the UK version 'Bootea', the funny little play on words got me attracted, and the ingredients to the tea sounded similar to a variety of other teatoxes, so I gave it a go!


Bootea - £19.99 for 14 days.
I only got the 14 day pack as I didn't want to invest too much money into something I had never tried before. I stuck to the eating plan (free on the website) within reason, and as stated, I had a cup of the morning tea every morning and the bedtime cleanse every other night. I hated green tea before starting this teatox, and I couldn't get up without my normal cup of tea or coffee, but after a few days I started to enjoy the taste of green tea, and even now after finishing my teatox I'm drinking green tea instead of regular. In fact, I've been off my teatox for over a week, and I haven't had a single cup of tea or coffee since I came off it!

The morning tea is lemon and ginger flavoured and the evening is peppermint. There is a lot of controversy about the bedtime cleanse as it does infact have senna leaves in it, but I can honestly tell you, it did not have a laxative effect on me. It's different for everyone as everyones bodies absorb things differently, but it didn't have a laxative effect at all.

The result: For me the result wasn't so much about weight loss, it was more about kicking my caffeine and sugar addiction, and generally becoming a more healthy me. I have continued with the drinking of the green tea (normal green tea though, not their mix of all different ingredients) and I am also continuing to eat healthy with the odd treats here and there. I also did infact lose an inch around my waist and i'm looking generally healthier!!

If you aren't looking for a dramatic weight loss, and more of a kick start in the right direction, then definitely give this a go! I'm hoping to do another one soon, maybe more towards summer. For now I'm keeping it going at the gym and enjoying a healthier lifestyle!

That's all for now!

Don't forget to follow me through Bloglovin'!
Ciao Bella 


Tash
x

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Might have to give that a go since I'm basically addicted to normal tea!!

    I also nominated you for The Versatile Blogger Award over on my blog!

    http://laceonlipstick.blogspot.ie/2015/01/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never really been into these teatox things, but it's good that your now drinking green tea instead of normal tea and coffee! I want to start getting into drinking green tea, but I'll have to buy the flavoured ones as I know I won't like the taste!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it effective? How’s the taste? I’m itching to replace the current tea I’m taking.
    xo,
    ~Pauline @ Benefit cosmetic Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  4. You say that Alice but I didn't like the taste to start with, and now normal tea tastes too milky for me, and without milk the taste is too strong. It takes a while to get used too but it's lush after a while!!

    and Pauline it is effective for clearing you out and making you feel better. Now i'm back to eating normally as well as drinking basic green tea I can honestly say that I felt a million times better doing the teatox!! I'd definitely recommend it!

    xx

    ReplyDelete