Welcome to our website !

Inspired by Mum - House Of Fraser

By 12:27 , , , , , , , , , , ,

This post is a style post for the House of Fraser Inspired by Mum competition for Mothers day.
This is such a great competition as I love my mum to bits and she is truly an inspiration to me, therefore although this is a style post based on my mum, it is also a post celebrating her values, how she has inspired me and her generally as a mother!


My mum was always flawless and had the best style when she was younger. She was always on trend but always looked very sophisticated and chic. There are 2 photos I remember of my mum when she first had me and just before. One is of my mum with her beautiful brunette perm, looking totally 90s in her baggy white t shirt and jeans similar to those of the mom jeans we see around so much now, and the other was her wearing a red lace bralet underneath a white 2 piece suit, a blazer and trousers.

The main thing I will always remember her saying to me is that she wanted to be a buyer when she was younger, and for some reason that has stuck with me ever since and I'm now studying a BA Hons in fashion with the hopes of working in the fashion industry, with becoming a buyer constantly on my mind along with a few other job titles.

Anyways on to the look!


I chose this outfit because my mum loves this style skirt, as our family was blessed with the big bum syndrome these shape skirts are extremely flattering, I therefore wanted to keep this part true to my mums taste!



Now, my mum wouldn't be seen dead in a crop top, but due to her true 90s style from when she was younger, I decided to pair a crop with this skirt to make it look more modern.


Skirt - Topshop, Crop top - Topshop, Necklace - Primark, Watch - Larson and Jennings, Shoes - Primark

 With the weather picking up, to complete this look I'd pick a beautiful pair of oversized sunglasses, such as these ones here from House of Fraser. Effortlessly chic, and well, my mum would agree!

So, how does your mum inspire you?



If you want to enter the competition yourself you can find the entry post here.

Ciao Bella!
Wishing all your mums a lovely mothers day!
Tash
x


You Might Also Like

1 comments