Welcome to our website !

Carne Griffiths - A truly inspirational artist.

By 06:16 , , , , , , , , , ,


Today I am doing a post a little bit different to normal, I am going to talk about an artist that I see as an inspiration in fashion illustration, and illustration in general.

I first noticed Carne Griffiths when I started studying fashion illustration as part of my course, and got instantly attracted by his individual and original style. I haven't really seen much like this before, which is what originally attracted me to his work, I then found myself trying to work out how he created this images, which led me onto a completely different aspect to why I love his work.

 These images are from Carnes website, you can check it out here.

Carne uses a variety of mediums throughout his illustrations, mainly including many different liquids. Some of these include ink, tea and Alcohol (normally vodka or Brandy.) Have you ever heard of artwork being created from tea and alcohol?! This is completely new to me! 

Carne also is interested by the way lines can be manipulated, which is clearly visible in his work. It is almost impossible to copy due to the way that each and every line, and every aspect of colour is different and depends on the mood he is trying to create. It appears as though a lot is made up of geometric shapes, and colour appears to shape the images in a way that I've never seen before.

As it says on his website:

"Images explore human, geometric and floral forms, in a combination of both literal and abstract translation and in response to images and situations encountered in daily life. Images are recorded in a dreamlike sense onto the page where physical boundaries are unimportant. His work creates a journey of escapism which focuses on scenes of awe and wonder, projecting a sense of abandonment and inviting the viewer to share and explore this inner realm."




Carne now sells his work independently, after previously working for many companies and employers, including film, theatre and fashion. He also does charity work, selling prints at auction to raise money for certain charities. 

Unlike most artists, he also gives ALL customers the opportunity to buy his work, through postcards that he creates, and also prints. Ranging from as cheap as £6 through to work in the hundreds.

I strongly recommend checking out his work, and if you would like to buy and of the postcards and prints, you can do so through his shop, here, or also through his Etsy shop here.

If you like posts like these, please follow my other blog that I have started for Uni, where I will be doing more posts like these, and also posts on fashion illustration, designs, and my own work, along with plenty of other things, you can follow here.

That's all for now! 
Ciao Bella!
Tash x

You Might Also Like

0 comments