Welcome to our website !

Summer make up must haves, the problem with pale skin, and how to fix it!

By 07:42 , , , , , , ,


This post is predominantly about the summer make up and accessories that I am lusting over this month, but also a little insight into my skin tone (super pale, with freckles I might add) and how to overcome the hang ups associated with it!

So that being said, i'll start off with a few make up trends I'm lusting over this season:

1. Bright lips! No one can go wrong with a bright lip. It suits every skin tone, every age, and every outfit! (That's what's most important, right?!) My favourite is a bright red or pink as I think that this suits almost every single outfit a person wears. I've just realised as i'm writing this I accessorise my make up with my outfit...something about that doesn't quite sound right! Anyways:
  1. Red - suits everyone. An orange undertone will suit women with a yellow undertone to their skin, it will warm it up and give that beautiful summer glow, whereas a pink undertone skin will much better suit a pink undertone lipstick. It will give that beautiful porcelain, snow white effect. 
  2. Pink - Everyone loves a pink lip, and a pink lip can and will suit everyone, purely and simply because we already have pink lips, we just want to emphasise that! My favourite for summer is a lovely purple shade of pink. 
  3. Pastel - Now for the daring of us out there, jump on the bandwagon full speed and grab yourself a pastel purple or blue or something wacky, with the festival season coming up i'm sure this trend will be sky rocketing!
Try these perfect stay lip tints by Astor available on Xtras online! Only £1.99 each and perfect to create the "POP lip"


2. My second favourite beauty trend is the complete opposite. Nude. Everything nude. Except maybe nude sunbathing, that appears to be frowned upon...not that i've ever done it! When I say nude I mean this; imagine being Cameron Diaz as she's surfing in all the exotic countries she seems to be snapped in, or imagine being Gisele Bundchen on the beach...basically what I'm trying to get at, is keep is simple, keep it glowing and keep it as natural looking as possible! My key to the perfect natural look? Keep reading:

  1. A dewy foundation - pick a foundation that sets of your natural assets, we don't want that super full mattyfied effect, we want a natural glow, and we want those freckles to poke through.
  2. Bronzer - don't go bronzer mad, we're not going for the TOWIE look, we want the natural bronze you get when you go on holiday! Apply to the cheekbones, temples and around the hair line to get a beautifully chiseled, yet natural looking glow.
  3. Highlighter - highlighter is a girls best friend! Apply dotted around the cheekbone and eye and along the cupids bow of your lip for a fresh look, don't overdo it though, we don't want greasy!
  4. Mascara - last but not least, mascara is a girls best friend! Just make sure you opt for a waterproof style, we all know what the British weather is like!!
This Sally Hansen Sun Glow Powder Bronzer from Xtras online is perfect for the bronzed glow, at only £3.99 it's a huge bargain! 

This Maybelline Dream Airfoam Foundation is perfect to give a natural look, it gives an airbrushed yet soft glow, and it's only £4.45 from Xtras online !

Check out Xtras for some super cheap yet good quality make up, and get your summer make up for less! Who doesn't want to buy a foundation for a fiver? £15 cheaper than my normal foundation, can't go wrong really! 

Now as promised I said I would write about the fix for pale skin, so here we go; there is no fix, embrace it and you will learn to love it!! Find coloured lipsticks such as the ones mentioned above to make your features really stand out, add a pink blusher to give you a nice flush! I've learnt to embrace pale skin since no matter what I just don't tan. Show it off because let's face it, every make up trend suits a pale skinned beauty like yourself! You can be the most daring of the lot and look stunning and fresh faced at the same time! Learn to love what you were given!

So there you have it, my favourite beauty trends, and the fix for pale skin!!

Ciao Bella!
Tash x


You Might Also Like

0 comments