Moneysupermarket passion for fashion competition!
I've just recently heard about the moneysupermarket's passion for fashion competition! The competition consists of creating 3 outfits, each under £200, for the categories; holiday, casual, and party!
I thought well, why not give it a go, the prizes seem amazing! £200 to buy your own outfit?! Sold! If you want to enter, you can enter here: http://www.moneysupermarket.com/passion-for-fashion-2/
So here are my entries:
So here are my entries:
Key points - this seasons trends:
Think monochrome with splashes of colour.
Pinafores and crop tops and that overall school girl feel. Think american style prom girl with a twist.
Patterns - spots and stripes are huge.
Chunky heels and accessories to edge up any outfit that's a bit too pretty pretty!
Sporty is still hot this season, just make it a bit different to the norm!
Total cost: £92.99
(leaves you with some spending money for your hols then aye!)
This look is not based on a beach look, it is based on them days on holiday where you tend to wander around aimlessly looking at all the pretty things a new place has to offer.
1. Spotted pinafore by Miss Selfridge - £39. Right on trend with this seasons monochrome and graphic print trend.
2. Aviators by Newlook - £5. Because what kind of person goes on holiday without sunglasses?!
3. Straw bowler hat by Asos - £12. Makes a nice summery change to the winters version of the classic bowler hat!
4. Coral crop top from boohoo - £6. To add a splash of summer colour to your statement outfit.
5. Coral pumps by Miss Selfridge - £22. These will go perfectly with the crop top and the cute little bow on the back adds a nice detail.
6. Hand bracelet by dollybowbow- £6
7. barry M nail polish in bright red. - £2.99
Total cost: £134.49
You can't go wrong with a black outfit with some statement gold jewellery for a night out. I always think that keeping it simple, and all black is classy, and looks expensive.
1. This blouse by Daisy Street is only £15.99, and is sure to look great on a night out. The sheer finish is sure to keep you cool, whilst the short sleeves and split down the front make for a perfect night out look. Not only that, but why not stick a bandeau top, or strappy top underneath for daytime and wear with some nice skater skirts or maxi skirts!
2. Disco pants from Topshop - £30. You can't really go wrong with disco pants. They make everyones legs look super long and smooth, hiding all lumps and bumps. This pair from Topshop are a cheaper alternative to the famous American Apparel pair, that are more than double the price. Tried and tested, these disco pants are of exceptional quality and feel amazing to wear.
3. Big chunky heels are everywhere this season, whether it be to edge up a cute pretty dress, or add some drama to your disco pants, this pair are perfection. Topshop - £65.
4. Cross ring from asos £6.50.
5. Chunky chain necklace from Asos - £17. Black and gold. Always a winning combination.
6. Last but not least, grab yourself some dramatic eyelashes from Eyelure to vamp up the look a bit.
With all of this being less than £200, grab yourself a cocktail too while you're at it. You are partying after all!
Total cost: £89
This look is one of my favourite all time looks. Sporty, chic, and comfy.
Keeping on trend again with basic and black, and the sporty theme, grab an oversized jumper and team with bold accessories for a put together outfit.
1. Oversized grey jumper dress - Topshop - £29. This jumper looks fantastic with a skinny belt and some over the knee socks, or black tights and some heels for evening.
2. Converse from JD sports - £25. Converse are everywhere at the minute, team this with the jumper for an easy every day look to keep you comfy at home and looking chic for a day out.
3. Bucket bag from Primark - £12. A classic and cheaper alternative to the famous Zara version. In black this makes a bold statement teamed with your basic jersey.
4. Leopard print belt from Asos - £15. Just to add a bit of print and colour and to give a nice shape to your figure.
5. Knee high socks, American Apparel - £8. These beauties may feel expensive for a pair of socks, but trust me, they are the only ones i've ever had that do not fall down!!
All in all these three outfits work together as well as separate outfits. Why not put your going out blouse under your pinafore? Or wear your new chunky going out heels with your jumper dress and gold jewellery to make a new going out outfit? Whenever you buy an outfit be sure you can wear it more than one way, that way you don't waste any money, but in fact you save it in the long run! The majority of these stores also accept student discount so be sure to check that out whenever shopping online, and if like some of us you haven't got a student card, always be sure to check that they aren't offering any other discount, like 10% off with a newsletter sign up, or check on other sites first before buying!